Gavin and Riley

We arrived on November 3, 2006 at 9:55am and 9:56am, we were 6 weeks early

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Everybody out of the pool

I posted the other day that Glenn had set up our pool....with the weather being over 30 every day it's been nice. The boys love the pool and the floating seats that Uncle Tom and Auntie Linda got them last year still fit. Barely.

Last years pictures




Gavin likes to float around and it's getting really good and kicking his feet and will swing his legs back and forth under the water. They can also stand in the pool and walk along the bottom. Riley seems to still be a little stiff but we are working on it.

They love being swung around in the water and don't seem to mind the splashing.

On Saturday, the day of the ladder incident, Glenn was swinging them around and we were playing with them and teaching them the joys of the pool. I had gotten out for a break but the boys were back in their seats in the pool with Glenn.

"Um, honey, have you fed them lately?" Glenn asked. "There seems to be food floating in the pool."

"I haven't fed them recently and I don't think they had any food on them." I replied.

"I was skimming off the debris and thought I had it all, but there is tonnes in here now." Note, Glenn spends most of his time in the pool with a net and you are NOT ALLOWED in the pool if you haven't washed your feet!

I didn't have a response to that when all of a sudden Glenn realized - POOP!!!

I started laughing when he removed Riley from the seat and he swim diaper was BROWN!

Although I was laughing so hard I had stitches in my side, I rescued Riley from his very upset Dad. When I removed the diaper there wasn't much left in it. I then remember while he was swinging Riley around his diaper had started to slip off!

By this time Glenn had jumped out of the pool and was swearing as the pool had only been up for three days!

The pool has since been partially drained and Glenn spent a good portion of yesterday afternoon vacuuming everything out.

By the way, if you don't feel like swimming in our pool now we are fine with that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]